Thursday, August 08, 2013

Minor Luck

I am, I suppose a lucky person. I have reasonable health, I have lovely friends and I live in a place with a wonderful village feel. I know "minorly" isn't a word, but I would consider myself "minorly lucky." Today I had two instances. I went to the car wash which has a two-dollar weekly special. I noticed something stuck in the coin return in the bay I parked in and when I used my nail to pry it out out came two golden dollar coins! Free car wash- whoo-hoo! 

Then I decided I needed to eat (hadn't yet) and went to Jack in the Box (they have unsweetened iced tea on tap.) I ordered a fish combo from the kiosk and took my slip to the counter to get my drink cup. After giving it to me the manager exclaimed "oh no!" Apparently they no longer serve fish and no-one had reprogrammed the kiosk. So he offered me any another combo whether higher priced or not and a slice of cheesecake. I ordered something chicken and no bun. It came out on a bun. The manager came out with my no-bun burger and told me to keep the second one and handed me some coupons for more free jack food.

So you see what I mean about "minorly" lucky. I didn't win the PowerBall last night, I did not get a high-paying job two blocks from my house and I won't wake up tomorrow looking like I did 20 years ago. But I got a free car wash and a fast-food chicken sandwich.

Sometimes you have to just accept that your luck is minor.

Clean car photo from my iPhone

No comments: