Friday, July 30, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow..


Well, I knew it was coming. One of my BFF's is moving back to New York. It's really the best thing for her both personally and professionally, and it's not like I never go there, or she wouldn't come here. It's also not like there aren't things today like email, Facebook, and unlimited long distance: it isn't like it was back in the day where we had to tie letters to pigeons or send smoke signals. I've known about these plans also for a while; the email exchange today asking me to visit while she packs brought it home. It's changed me in the dark reptilian part of my heart from supportive friend to pouty 7 year old who's left alone in the sandbox. No more movie partner? No more glass-and-a-half? (that's how boozy we are- one each of white wine and one shared. AA here we come!) No more road trips?!? Arrrgh!

I'll get back to supportive friend at some point in the very near future. I just had to pound some sand...

Photo: Amazon

No comments: