Sunday, May 13, 2007

What is it about his country?

I just saw another ad for that worthy ABC show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" for the next episode where they swoop in and build a large house with a sub-zero and a sun porch and a plasma TV for one lucky family touched by tragedy. All I could think of was, is this where we're at? The gulf coast is still in ruins, a Kansas town is leveled (and our President waits 5 days until visiting, because dinner with the Queen takes four days of prep, apparently) and this is the end result: if you are lucky or telegenic, Ty Pennington will drop in to build you a new house. The National Guard is off in Iraq, whose government is taking a two months vacation while letting us run their war and sacrifice out children to the great god Oil. What realy strikes me is that these are "Red States" and this is the treatment they get. I can only imagine how long it will take for help to get here when the big one hits.

Note to Ty: I photograph decently and have a really photogenic godchlld.

And a desire for a Viking range.

1 comment:

Divina said...

I definitely need a new rant soon - need to feel vicariously vindicated through you. Feeling quite bleh. Maybe you can let me guest-write sometime? ;) Hope you are doing great.

xx,
Divina